The Cataracs made this video about Michelle Obama for their song "Fell In Love With A Black Girl." I love it so much. It's hilarious, and any fan of hers will love it, too!
- His policy plans in simple, video form. I call it "Obama's Plans."I will regularly update these videos and links, so please give me your suggestions and feedback.
- His best speeches and appearances. If you have suggestions for more videos to add, please tell me. I only want to include the BEST. I call it "Obama's Greatest Hits."
- Links to his video biography and all his 3 books.
- All voting and voter registration info. Links to all the main pages on Obama's site. All his speeches and YouTube videos. All the Democratic National Convention videos.
- Links and graphics of all the major national polls.
- Links to the best sites and blogs for latest political news.
- Links to all the major fact checking sites.
- Links to all the debates, their fact checks, voter reactions, and Tina Fey parodies.
- Some of the best new speeches and videos by Obama and his campaign. Includes "Keating Economics" video.
Indiana Republicans Making Voting Harder for Blacks
By Zachary Roth
Indiana is one of the key red states that Barack Obama has unexpectedly put in play this year. So it's not surprising that the GOP is pulling out all the stops to keep it in their column -- including, predictably, launching an effort to make it much harder for African-Americans to vote.
In a nutshell, here's what's happened so far. The details get a little intricate, but stay with us here:
To win Indiana, Obama would likely need a big turnout from three low-income, heavily African-American cities, in the northern part of Lake County, near Chicago. Those three cities -- Gary, Hammond, and East Chicago -- together comprise more than 40 percent of the county's population. But under Indiana law, early voting can take place only in the county clerk's main office, which for Lake County is in Crown Point, more than an hour's drive from those cities.
As a result, on September 23, the county board of elections, on a 3-2 party-line vote, approved the opening of satellite early-voting centers in the the three cities. (State law specifically gives elections boards the authority to approve satellite voting centers, and early voting occurred at the centers in advance of the Democratic primary in May.)
But Republicans argue that the decision is unfair to voters in other parts of the state, many of whom would still need to travel to their county seat to vote early. Last week, the county GOP challenged the move, arguing that the centers can only be approved through a unanimous vote of the election board, and asking for a restraining order on early voting. Superior Court Judge Calvin Hawkins -- a recent appointee of the state's GOP governor, Mitch Daniels -- issued the order Friday.
Barack Obama is supposed be having a rough week – and, no doubt, Hillary Clinton and Bill O'Reilly are doing everything in their power to make it one.
But Obama keeps pulling super-delegate backing.
Today the senator from Illinois will get an endorsement that sends a powerful signal that even Clinton's closest allies are coming to conclusion that the senator from New York needs to quit running a race that is harming not just Obama but the Democratic party.